I am slowly, but surely getting into some of the same routines with the students.
I am aware Ms. Saemerow enjoyed keeping a weekly blog to keep everyone up to date on what is going on, what we are working on, and what work needs to be done at home. This is a routine that I am planning on maintaining over the course of the next couple of months. I am also "re-starting" up Friday books starting next week.
Below is what we have been working on over the past couple of weeks.
Social Studies/Science: Canada's Natural Resources
- All work was completed in class, some activities are graded and located in students "Friday Books."
Mathematics: Area and Perimeter
- Most work was completed in class, corrections will be sent home next week in Friday Books.
- Practice Math Facts (5 minutes)
- Students have been working on a character analysis from the novel "Refugee." Most students have finished, and the work is on their google drives.
- We have also begun compiling weekly vocabulary lists. Some of the words come from topics we are covering, and other words come right from the students! Kahoot Quizzes are on Thursday, and the vocabulary words are in their agendas.
- Dictation, Journaling,Grammar, and Penmanship --> Activities we complete in class weekly.
Art: Textures Landscapes
- To be continued next week
P.E.: We have started working on different track and field events, as well as proper movement techniques.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward to next week!