I would like to apologize for the late update, however I have been out of the classroom all week with a nasty cold.
Here is some important information/upcoming events:
- Permission Forms/fees: I am still missing a few permission form packages and fees from some students, if you have not yet signed the rainbow package, please do so as soon as possible.
- Lockdown Practice with the RCMP: Wednesday, September 26th.
- PICTURE DAY: Thursday, September 27th.
- Welcome back BBQ: Thursday, September 27th
- Orange Shirt day: Friday, September 28th
Here is what we have been up to in the classroom:
September is a time to get to know each other, and become familiar with new faces, new routines, and new regiments. We have been spending a lot of time with "getting to know you" activities, as well as "team bonding" games.
In Social Studies, we have started an Ancient Egypt unit. The students have asked some very insightful questions about this ancient civilization!
In English Language Arts, we are doing a variety of writing activities so I can become familiar with each students unique abilities. We will be starting one of my favourite novel studies next week!
In Math, the grade sevens are working with Mrs. Mangell, and the grade sixes have been practicing multiplication strategies (specifically for 2-digit by 2-digit equations).
For Career and Health Education, we are focusing on the theme of kindness, particularly kindness to our selves. Students all completed a beautiful written piece titled "The Best Part of Me." I was so happy to see students able to celebrate themselves in so many ways!
For Physical Education, we are starting to explore volleyball as the season is fast approaching!
Looking forward to what the next few weeks bring!